IKAGENG ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS HAS A VACANCY FOR A JUNIOR IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN IN BLOEMFONTEIN
General Duties & Responsibilities
• To administer, maintain, be accountable and troubleshoot the network consisting of servers, PC’s, Laptops, printers, switches, hubs, routers, Wireless, SAN, Video Conferencing and UPS.
• To be accountable for all logged calls within the SLA and to communicate with the Help Desk and ensure successful completion.
• Ensure all procedures such as health checks, change control and network documentation is adhered to, up to date and accurate.
• Manage the distribution and retention of data on various storage devices.
• Undertake a regular service program, including support of operating systems.
• Installing approved software and hardware connecting users to networks and providing initial training.
• Facilitate all cabling needed with an approved cabling company.
• Ensuring users efficient and effective utilization of applications and equipment.
• Establish and control systems access and security.
• Monitor systems in order to optimize performance and to initiate recovery action after system failures.
• Assist the customer concerning replacement of outdated equipment and software.
• Prepare weekly/ monthly reports.
• Ensure that the site at all times complies with customers audit as well as group standards.
• General housekeeping to be done of the computer room, computer cabinets and cabling to standards.
• Assist in managing all IT assets onsite.
• Ensure daily checks are completed and reports submitted to the Senior IT Technician on a daily basis.
• Communicate / escalate to the HR Manager / Senior Technician on any issues.
• Proactive suggestions into site operations with regards to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS).
• Professional conduct including excellent communication etiquette to all internal and external clients.
Skills and Experience
• Grade 12 / Matric
• A+ N+
• Diploma in IT will be advantageous
• Driver’s License
• Back office applications
• Networking Hardware
• Backup technologies
• Knowledge of Maintenance and Support of Desktop user environment
• Knowledge of Maintenance and Support of Server environment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Applications user and Back office
• Knowledge of Wi-fi and Radio based systems
• Knowledge of Networking
• Adaptability and reliability
• Time management
• Initiative, ownership and quality
Salary: Market Related
Ikageng Electrical Contractors is an AA/EE Employer.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates. Should you not receive any correspondence within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that ITC checks/Ref checks will be conducted.
Also note that you may be required to take Psychometric assessment.
Should you meet all requirements, send your concise CV to email@example.com or fax to 086 662 9809.